Heating and cooling systems are an essential part of any home, and when they break down, they can be a nightmare. It is crucial to have a good HVAC contractor to call when something goes wrong, but there are also some things homeowners can do themselves to keep their systems running smoothly.
Here are some top HVAC maintenance tips for homeowners:
- Schedule an annual tune-up: If you have an HVAC in Yuma, AZ, it is recommended to have an annual service or a tune-up performed by a professional. This tune-up will help ensure that your system is running efficiently and can help to prevent minor problems from becoming more significant and help avoid expensive repairs.
- Change your air filter regularly: One of the most important things you can do to maintain your HVAC system is to change the air filter regularly. It is recommended that you replace the filter every 1-3 months, depending on the type of system you have. A clogged or dirty air filter can cause your system to work harder than necessary, leading to premature wear and tear.
- Keep an eye on your energy bills: Another way to tell if your HVAC system is not running as efficiently as it should be is to keep an eye on your energy bills. If you notice a sudden increase in energy usage, your system is not operating as it should.
- Check for drafts: One way to reduce the strain on your HVAC system is to check for drafts in your home. Drafty doors and windows can let in cool air, which will cause your system to work harder than necessary to maintain a comfortable temperature. Insulation and weather-stripping can help to seal up any drafts and improve the efficiency of your system.
- Have your ductwork checked: If you have central air conditioning, it is important to have your ductwork checked regularly for leaks. Leaky ducts can cause your system to work harder than necessary and can waste a lot of energy and cause damage to the system. Count on Polar Cooling for heating and AC repair in Yuma, AZ.
- Keep an eye on your thermostat: Your thermostat helps to control the temperature of your HVAC system. If you notice that your system is not maintaining the temperature you set, there could be a problem with the thermostat.
- Check the drain line: If you have an air conditioner, it is essential to check the drain line regularly. The drain line can get congealed with dirt and debris, which can cause your system to back up and overflow.
- Inspect the outdoor unit: If you have an air conditioner, you should inspect the outdoor unit regularly. The outdoor unit can become covered in dirt and debris, which reduces efficiency. It is crucial to keep the area around the unit clear so that it can work properly.
Schedule Your HVAC Maintenance Today
If you need help with HVAC maintenance, call the experts at Polar Cooling. We offer a variety of air conditioning and furnace services in Yuma, AZ, to keep your system running efficiently all year long. Our team of experienced technicians can perform a tune-up on your system and check for any potential problems. Call us today!