The AC repair team at Polar Cooling recommends that homeowners in Yuma, AZ, have their air conditioners serviced at least once a year. It will help to ensure that your unit is running efficiently and effectively. Servicing your system on a regular basis can also help to extend its lifespan. If you live in an area with extreme temperatures, you may need to service your unit more frequently.
If you notice that your air conditioner is not working as well as it should be, it is essential to have it serviced as soon as possible. Ignoring air conditioning service can lead to the following problems:
- Higher energy bills: When your heating and cooling system is malfunctioning, it has to work harder to cool your home. Therefore, it consumes more power to operate, which will lead to higher energy bills.
- Poor indoor air quality: If your air conditioner is not maintained properly, it can circulate dust, pollen, and other allergens throughout your home. It can trigger allergies or asthma attacks in people who are sensitive to these airborne particles.
- Uncomfortable indoor temperatures: A broken HVAC will not keep your home comfortable. You and your family will have to suffer extreme heat or cold until the unit is repaired.
- Premature failure: All mechanical equipment has a limited lifespan. However, if you take good care of your air conditioner, it will last longer than expected. Neglecting maintenance can shorten its lifespan considerably.
If you have any concerns about what consists of a heating and AC service in Yuma, AZ, or would like to learn more, the following are the course of action you can expect:
- Inspection: A standard HVAC service will include a thorough inspection of your unit. The technician will check the refrigerant levels, electrical connections, and moving parts. If any problems are detected, they will be repaired or replaced as necessary.
- Cleaning: The technician will also clean the evaporator and condenser coils. It is critical because dirt and debris can build up on the coils and prevent air from flowing freely. In addition, the technician may also clean the ductwork to remove any dust or debris that has accumulated over time.
- Repair or replacement: If any parts of your heater or air conditioner are damaged, the technician will repair or replace them as necessary.
After the service is completed, you can expect your HVAC system to run more efficiently and effectively. In addition, you can also expect to see a decrease in your energy bills. If you have any questions about our AC services or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us today. We would be happy to assist you.