An air conditioning compressor is a critical component of an air conditioner. It’s responsible for compressing the refrigerant gas and forcing it through the condenser coil, which cools the air as it passes. If your air conditioner’s compressor doesn’t turn on when it should, there could be any number of reasons why. First, you’ll want to check to ensure the air conditioner is turned on. Once you’ve verified it’s on, here are a few things you can check for:
- Air filter: A dirty air filter can prevent air from flowing freely through the air conditioner, which can cause the compressor to overheat and shut off.
- Thermostat: If the air conditioner’s thermostat is set too high, it can cause the compressor to shut off, or if the air conditioner unit’s thermostat is set too low, it may not turn on the compressor.
- Electrical connection: The compressor may have come loose from its electrical connection, causing the air conditioner to turn off.
- Refrigerant level: If the air conditioner is low on refrigerant, it can cause the compressor to work hard and turn off.
- Capacitor: The air conditioner’s capacitor helps to start the compressor. If it’s damaged, the compressor may not start.
If you’re still having trouble, it’s best to call a professional air conditioning service in Yuma, AZ. HVAC technicians at Polar Cooling can diagnose the problem and get your air conditioner up and running in no time.
Signs That Indicate Your Compressor Has Serious Damages
If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to call for air conditioning repair in Yuma, AZ:
- Winding problems: If the air conditioner’s winding in the electrical motor gets damaged, it may cause a drop in voltage that can trip the breaker or overheat the compressor.
- Leaking: A leak in the air conditioner can cause the refrigerant to escape, which can damage the compressor.
- Overheating: When the air conditioner’s compressor overheats, it can get damaged.
- Vibration: If your air conditioner is vibrating, it might be because a component is loose or there’s something wrong with the motor mounts.
Ensure that you don’t ignore these signs. Continuing to use a damaged compressor will only cause more damage to your air conditioner and will end up costing you more money in the long run. Call one of the best AC companies in Yuma, AZ, today to get your air conditioning system fixed before it’s too late.
Schedule An AC Service Today To Prevent Your Compressor From Damage
It’s always recommended to prevent air conditioner compressor problems before they happen. That’s why scheduling an air conditioning service every year is important. During an AC service, a technician will clean your air conditioner unit, check all the connections, and ensure everything is working properly. They’ll also check the refrigerant level and add more if necessary. Catching air conditioner problems early can save you a lot of money and headaches down the road. So don’t wait, call today to schedule an AC service!